Warmly lit and funkily decorated, Parisian restaurant Chez Gladines serves French Basque cuisine amidst a lively modern atmosphere.
Enjoy Basque specialties like poulet basquaise, omelette basque, cassoulet, and escalope montagnarde, all of which come with a hearty helping of crispy potatoes and green salad. The portions are substantial and the prices very reasonable. This is authentic, southwestern home cooking in the heart of Paris. With food this rich and delicious, it is definitely not the place to go if you’re counting calories!
Oh, and the mi cuit au chocolat et piment d’Espelette et sa boule de noix de coco — a small, spicy chocolate lava cake with a side of coconut ice cream — is eyes-roll-back-in-your-head good. No judgment if you decide to skip sharing and order one just for yourself.
Chez Gladines has 5 locations around Paris so you’re never far from a filling French meal.
- Chez Gladines, Les Halles – 11bis Rue des Halles, 75001 Paris
- Chez Gladines, Saint Germain – 44 Boulevard Saint-Germain, 75005 Paris
- Chez Gladines, Charonne – 64 Rue de Charonne, 75011 Paris
- Chez Gladines, Butte Aux Cailles – 30 Rue des Cinq Diamants, 75013 Paris
- Chez Gladines, Batignolles – 74 Boulevard des Batignolles, 75017 Paris